There is no proper time period or season for enhancing skills and career development other than, on-the-job learning and Continuous Competency Development (“CCD”). This is one of the essential ingredients for professionals from Shipping, Maritime and Oil & Gas Industries, to advance in their career paths. The Government of Hong Kong SAR is committed to supporting Hong Kong citizens and residents engaged in the growth of maritime and aviation sectors. Therefore, the Transport and Logistics Bureau (“TLB”) has recently announced increased funding from HK$18,000/- to HK$30,000/- maximum per person, for the Professional Training and Examination Refund Scheme under the Maritime and Aviation Training Fund (“MATF”) for pre-approved courses.
TiberiasMC is pleased to announce that there are eight (8) specialized and unique CCD courses, pre-approved under the MATF ProTER Scheme for senior management personnel from shipping and port industries. These Courses are unique and unparalleled in course content, delivery methodology and with real-life case study-based workshops, to enable the participants for direct application in their jobs, and for achieving beneficial outcomes for their companies. The list of preapproved Courses includes:
MATF Course Code and Course Title and Description
- MC065 Management of Maritime Arbitration and Costs of Resolving Disputes – In Context of Contentious Dispute Resolution Clauses
- MC066 Managing Charterparty and Contemporary Challenges Facing Oil Tankers – Idle Time, Low Day Rates, Performance Breaches, Laytime & Demurrages
- MC067 Managing Petroleum Loss and Contamination during Cargo Operations & Transportation by Tankers
- MC068 Managing Challenges in Self-Assessment of Tankers for Time Charter Party – Evaluate Impact of SIRE, Q88 and VIQ
- MC069 Oil Tankers Operations Management and Risks Mitigation in STS Transfers and Shuttle-Tankers
- MC070 Interpreting & Managing Time Charterparty for Offshore Support Vessels – Mitigating Risks and Safeguarding against Conflicts & Disputes
- MC071 Development of Environmentally Safe and Energy Efficient Ship Management Culture
- MC072 Dry Bulk Cargo Commercial and Operations Management – At Offshore Floating Terminals for Coal (OFT)
According to the TLB directive, “Besides, apart from the in-service practitioners of maritime sector, those who newly enter the industry after completion of the courses / passing the examinations are also eligible for making the refund application for the fees of concerned courses/examinations.”
For full details about the Scheme visit TLB website.
Interested individuals and companies willing to send their senior executives, do not waste any more time. Visit the TiberiasMC E-Store for the Courses of your interest from the above list with hyperlink and register early online. The registered participants will start getting pre-course reading materials one month before the commencement date of the Course, to gain maximum benefit. All courses will be held in person at Hong Kong.
For Inhouse and Online VILT Courses please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.